Timothy E. Long
- Professor of Chemistry and Associate Dean for Research and International Outreach, College of Science
- Chemistry Office: 2110 Hahn Hall (0344)
- Office of the Dean: 113 COS Administration Building (0405)
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 540-231-2480
The Long Group's research focuses on state of the art polymer synthesis and characterization for emerging technologies. Our specific areas of research include:
- Supramolecular Structures
- Polymer Chemistry/Biology Interface
- Multi-Phase Architecture
- Charged Polymers
- Engineering Thermoplastics
- Functional Surfaces and Nanoparticles
- October 2012 Prof. Long is elected as the Chair of the Alumni Awards Committee
- October 2012 Tianyu Wu has accepted a position at Bausch & Lomb. Congratulations!
- September 2012 Joe Dennis has joined our group!
- August 2012 Mana Tamami has accepted a postdocatoral position at George Mason University. Congratulations!
- August 2012 Prof. Long receives the ACS Polymer Division Mark Scholar Award.
- July 2012 Asem Abdulahad has joined our group!
- June 2012 Participants from 51 countries attended the 44th IUPAC World Polymer Congress hosted by Profs. Timothy E. Long, S. Richard Turner, and Robert Moore. Click here for more information.
- May 2012 Prof. Long receives the Carl Dahlquist Award sponsored by the Pressure Sensitive tape Council.
- April 2012 Ashley Nelson recieves the Virginia Space Grant Consortium (VSGC) Graduate STEM Research Fellowship for the 2012-13 academic year.
- March 2012 Prof. Long receives the ACS Polymer Division Fellows distinction.
- February 2012 Kerry DeMella won the "Best Poster" award for her poster presentation at the 35th Annual Meeting of The Adhesion Society.
- January 2012 Sean Hemp has been awarded the Excellence in Graduate Research from the American Chemical Society (ACS).
- January 2012 Recent Macromolecular Bioscience article "DNA-Inspired Hierarchical Polymer Design: Electrostatics and Hydrogen Bonding in Concert," has been featured on MaterialsViews.com