Welcome to Valeev Group
Our group works towards accurate quantum-mechanical prediction of properties of molecules and materials. The main focus on the development of mathematical and numerical models and their implementation in computer programs. On this site you can learn about us, our research, and access the educational and research materials as well as the software we develop. Please browse around.
We are a young group and always seek motivated minds to engage in research. If you are interested in joining our group, please contact Prof. Edward Valeev.
- November 9, 2012: Welcome to Dr. Andrey Asadchev, who just joined our group as a Postdoctoral Research Associate! He obtained his Ph.D. from Iowa State University under the supervision of Prof. Mark Gordon. Добро пожаловать, Андрей!
- October 8, 2012: Our recent manuscript published in The Journal of Chemical Physics was one of Top 20 Most Read in September 2012!
- August 28, 2012: Welcome to Mr. Drew Lewis, a first year graduate student who joined our group!
- April 19, 2012: Jinmei's article on fragment method for ionized clusters will be published in a special themed issue of Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys.
- April 18, 2012: Time for Spring cleaning! One mega-update:
- In December 2011, Liguo started his new position in the lab of Prof. Todd Martinez at Stanford ... Good luck, Liguo!
- Dr. Curt Janssen, our long-time collaborator and MPQC architect started his new position at Google. We will try to take care of MPQC from now on.
- Our R12/F12 review article in Chemical Reviews is out.
- In January 2012, Mr. Fabijan Pavošević, a first-year graduate student from Croatia joined our group.
- On February 23, 2012 Liguo's wife gave birth to two brand-new babies!
- In April 2012 Florian started his new position as a researcher at Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin. Good luck, Florian!
- On April 9, 2012 Justus passed his preliminary examination and admitted to the Ph.D. candidacy.
We are grateful for the generous support of our work in past and present by:
- The U.S. National Science Foundation
- The U.S. Department of Energy
- The U.S. Air Force Office of Scientific Research
- The ACS Petroleum Research Fund
- The Alfred P. Sloan Foundation
- The Camille & Henry Dreyfus Foundation
E-mail: evaleev at vt dot edu
Office: 1103 Hahn Hall South
Lab: 300/314 Hahn Hall South